2.28.2012

yes...i'm still alive

Just in case you're wondering, I have still been going to the gym, I'm not a complete failure. I do, however, have a nice new little house guest and a work schedule that has kept me away from my precious blog.

I'll start with my house guest, Gabby. My parents have adopted a puppy. I volunteered to watch her for two weeks while they went on vacation. I will need a vacation when they get back. This puppy is wearing me out. My sleep, my nerves, my carpet, my furniture. Gracious me, I appreciate my Brodi so much more now.

I think I left off after Thursday's workout. That means Friday's workout was a bitch. I was again the only one in class, therefore, all focus was on me. No cheating, no whining, just working. The workout started with high bar back squat. Lucky me. High bar is the worst of the squats for me. The plan was five sets, first set at ten reps, the rest at eight. This is how it worked out for me.

10 @ 53#

8 @ 68#

8 @ 68#

8 @ 73#

8 @ 73#

Pretty sure I couldn't have done 74# for eight if my life depended on it after that. Nonetheless, there was more to go. The WOD of the day was hilariously fun.

AMRAP 10 minutes

500 meter row

10 deadlift at 75% bodyweight

unbroken toes to bar (Brooke high knee raise)

You were to do the 500 meter row as fast as possible, then with the remaining time, do ten deadlifts, and then go to the bar and do as many unbroken toes to bar (high knee raises) as possible unbroken. As soon as you break, you go right back to deadlift. Your score is how many toes to bar (high knee raise) you can do.

500 meter row: 2.07 (best yet)

deadlifts @ 85#

hkraises: 7, 7, 8, 6 (these were my unbroken sets)

I was wiped after this. My core is so weak. This becomes funnier after I describe today's (Tuesday's) workout.

I took the weekend off. I could blame it on the puppy. And I will. She whines a lot when I put her up. I felt bad for subjecting my neighbors to that kind of torture. Plus, Mom and Dad came by around 0615 Saturday morning to bring her on their way to the airport. I needed more sleep. This week is back on track. And my body feels it.

Monday and Tuesday's WOD's to follow...I know you can hardly contain your excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment