2.09.2012

don't judge me...

I know you're all very excited to know what I've been up to recently. Hold on, I will tell you.

Got back to the gym at seven this morning, and it's open gym on Thursdays. No big deal, however, this gives Mike the excuse to spend extra time with me. He has me stretch a little, yep, I'm tight. He remembers how my knees don't like to stay in the right place when I do squats. He remembers that my glutes are weak. Sheesh. So many problems. He reminds me that this is what inactivity does to a person. He's right. I hate it when he's right.

So he has me practice my squat technique since it will be involved in the WOD tomorrow, and then he puts me on the rower. I practice a little. The rower hates me. I hate the rower. We have a mutual hatred. It's accepted. So he sets the rower to a workout of four sets by five hundred meters with one minute breaks in between. The first set is done in 2:29. Two minutes and twenty nine seconds? Felt longer. The second set is 2:31, third is 2:28, fourth is 2:28. Did I seriously only do just twelve minutes on this machine and I'm exhausted?

Mike walks over during the third set and tells me it needs to be faster than the second. I tell him, "don't judge me". He says, "I'm not". About fifteen seconds later he chimes back in, "out loud". Thanks Coach. He quickly follows with, "but you're here two days in a row".

So here I am, at work, sweats still on. Did I mention I have an awesome boss? And the answer to your questions is, no, I didn't have time to shower. There is a shower at the office, however, I forgot my towel. Fail. Judge me, I don't care.

The biggest obstacle I have right now is Saturday's WOD. The "filthy fifty". Let me break this down for you...

Filthy Fifty=fifty sets of each:
Box jump
Jumping pull-ups
Kettlebell swings
Walking Lunge
Knees to elbows
Push press
Back extensions
Wall ball shots
Burpees
Double unders

Uh huh, you read that right. FIFTY of each. Now, the scale for this is called the Dirty Thirty, which is thirty reps of everything. Even that seems daunting. But I moved my hair appointment to the afternoon so I could participate in this workout. Yeah buddy!

I'll take this pause to mention that someone needs to stay the night at my apartment to make sure I don't suffocate in my pillow when I can't move myself in the middle of the night. Volunteers?

I'm sore today. And I dig it. It aches to get up out of my chair. I've stretched my back more times than I can count, and I've sucked down more water than a fish. The stairs suck, trying to pull my hair up sucks, but I have to smile. My muscles are A N G R Y.

The real test is going to be tomorrow morning. That first twenty four hours isn't easy, but it's a field trip compared to the second day. Here's to welcoming it with open arms, oh, and another trip to the gym at seven am!

No comments:

Post a Comment