2.08.2012

judgement day...

So...today is the day.

Today will be the day I get back into full swing with Mike. By the way, if you haven't already, you should go look at Mike's Crossfit Zeal website. http://www.crossfitzeal.com/

So today is the day...wait...I said that already. I'm already dreading the drive, not because it's 15 minutes, but because I'll have to fight afternoon Raleigh traffic AND take the Apex exit that is always constantly backed up. This may try my patience.

Enough whining. I took some before pictures that I have yet to put up here. Reason? I'd rather have some after pictures to go along beside. Makes perfect sense right? If not, who cares, you're not reading this to have epiphanies anyway.

Want to know what I'm most excited about? Food. I'm excited that all this hard work I'm about to embark on will give me not only an excuse, but the NEED to eat more. Hello? Can we say win/win? Solid body and more food intake? How is that a bad thing? I know, I know, I'm asking easy questions right now, but you get my point? Okay, enough questions.

My nerves are acting up. Just like any one's usually do before their inaugural trip back to the gym after absence. It happens. Mike had built up so much strength in me before I left, now not only is it frustrating to me, but to him that I've lost everything we worked so hard for. A lot of trainers will tell you that they don't do the work, that you do the work. I say BS. If it hadn't been for Mike's personality and determination, I wouldn't have tried this at all. If it hadn't been for the fact that he had more confidence in my abilities than I did, I would never have made the strides that I made. The reason people pay for trainers isn't for status or lack of knowledge all the time. I used to be a trainer. Duh. I hired a trainer. If that in itself doesn't tell you that trainers are vital, you're too thickheaded for my taste anyway.

Even as a very independent person, it's always nice to meet peoples expectations. It's great to exceed them. It's nice to hear compliments. I don't need compliments on how I look, the compliments I crave are the, "way to go", or "I knew you could do it". I also pay Mike because he looks at me and says, "quit talking and do the work", or "don't say you can't".

This isn't the biggest loser house when someone motivates you by yelling in your face or having emotional breakthroughs. This house contains support and confidence. This house has people that come to it for a common goal. This house has dedication, and knowledge, and guidance. The owners of this house care about you and your goals, not just because it's a reflection on them, but because they truly care. Go ahead, all of you out there thinking of the old Under Armour commercials...say it. *We will protect this HOUSE* Emphasis on the HOUSE...because that's how you do it correctly.

So anyway...today is judgement day. Today I will not quit when I am tired, I will quit when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment